TRAFFIC CONTROL & SIGNS
SOLAR MESSAGE BOARD, TOWABLE
Instructions: <Click Here>
- WE PAY THE SALES TAX ON RENTALS
- No Added Environmental Fees!
- When comparing prices on solar powered message board rentals in San Jose, Hollister, Salinas, and Santa Cruz, ask about sales tax and environmental fees.
- Wanco Mini Matrix Message Signs model WVTM
- Wanco message signs provide information to the public on a large, legible LED display. These signs are portable and self-powered, requiring no permanent installation or wiring. Wanco Mini Matrix Signs are a compact unit making them highly maneuverable and easy to deploy. The full-matrix display can present messages as text, graphics, or a combination of both. Messages are programmed using a self-contained onboard controller, making a laptop or external controller unnecessary. Signs come configured with preprogrammed standard messages, and users can create custom messages easily.
- For optimal positioning, the sign rotates independently of the trailer and its height is fully adjustable. Jack legs provide adjustability and stability. The trailer is easy to maneuver, deploy, and can be towed by most vehicles. Power is provided by batteries, which are charged by an automated solar charging system.
- Setup Hand winch with cable raises sign display on tower Tower rotates 360 degrees for optimal positioning Single disk brake holds display in place during operation, while a cradle supports and holds display in travel position.
- Operation Self-contained onboard control system, no laptop required Full-color touchscreen controller with high-resolution display Password protection restricts access to controller software Preprogrammed text messages, symbols and graphics Easily center each line of text Internal clock facilitates built-in schedule programming Multiple alphanumeric fonts Control box can be locked to prevent unauthorized access Optical lenses and sunshades increase visibility and performance Cooling fans protect sign cabinet from overheating NTCIP compliant
- Power system Battery powered and solar charging Energy-efficient operation results in long run times Solar panels charge batteries automatically without interruption Charging system shuts down when batteries are fully charged, preventing damage Power system allows battery charging with solar panels or commercial power Cooling fan protects battery charger from overheating Battery box locked to prevent unauthorized access
- Common applications include:
- Roadwork zones Traffic calming Road closures Emergency response Public events
- Operating height 142" Travel height 103"
- Operating width 96 Travel position width 84"
- Weight 1580 lbs.
- Length with tongue 152" Length w/o tongue 83"
- Operating Temperature Range -29 to +165 degrees F
- Sign Case Specifications: Height 4.5' Width 8'
- 12 Fonts to choose from Legibility 1000 ft.
- Four deep-cycle golf-cart-type batteries, wired in parallel and series for a 12-volt system
- Visibility At least 1 mile.
- Legibility: Word recognition with default font, 611 to 702 ft. Viewing angle: Total viewing area with optical lenses, 44.2 to 48.8 degrees.
- Brightness: Factory preset for optimal viewing and power consumption.
- Auto dimming: Two photocells detect ambient light on the message sign; the message sign computer adjusts the brightness of the LEDs accordingly, dimming display brightness in darkness, increasing to full brightness in daylight. Photocells are mounted inside the sign cabinet, one rear and one front facing.
- Display: Four LEDs form a pixel Pixel size is 0.75" x 0.75" Full matrix 48 x 27 pixels (W x H), 1296 pixels total Default size of text is 5 x 7 pixels (W x H), 8.85" x 12.55" 3 lines of 8 characters per line, maximum Smallest size of text is 4 x 5 pixels (W x H) Largest size is 11 x 23 pixels (W x H)
- Arrow board functions:
- Sign can display any of the following 12 full-size arrow functions:
- Flashing left or right arrow Flashing double arrow Flashing four-corner warning Flashing caution-bar warning Sequencing left or right stem arrow Sequencing left or right walking arrow Sequencing left or right chevron arrows Alternating diamonds
- Bold graphics: Each arrow and bar is 5 pixels wide
* Prices are subject to change. We do not charge sales tax on rental items. Equipment Protection Plan always optional but not included in these prices. Please note that all Monthly Rates are for 28 days with a maximum of 160 hours.
* Please call us with any questions about our solar message board towable rentals in Watsonville serving Santa Cruz County.